In Stock and Ready to Ship. This is a brand new, store demo banjo. We are including a deering hard case with this sale, a $200 value.
The Deering Sierra banjo is truly the flagship of our entire line! How is it that this is so? Well I’ll tell you. The pot assembly of the Sierra, the violin grade maple 3 ply rim, the -06- tone ring, the one piece zinc flange, the notched tension hoop, the Deering tail piece and armrest are exactly the same as our whole line all the way up to the Gabriella, with just a few exceptions. The only exceptions are; the Golden Era has a different zinc flange, the Hartford has a Grenadillo wood tone ring, the Terry Baucom has an -06- tone ring that is just a few ounces lighter than the standard -06- tone ring, and the Tenbrooks banjos have the Swiss Jens Kruger tone ring.
When I first introduced the Sierra I kept the cost down by keeping the cosmetics simple. I put the money into the pot assembly. I wanted to build a top professional banjo at a price that I could have afforded when I was a kid going to the music store on my way home from school everyday.
With the implementation of new technology we have been able to make the Sierra exquisitely beautiful without raising the price. I have been greatly inspired by the art work of the old masters of the Boston banjo era from the turn of the last century. With this inspiration in my blood I have brought art to the Sierra that is usually reserved for banjos costing much, much more.
The Sierra is truly a professional masterpiece of both sound and art at a price that is within your reach.
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Original Deering Designed Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Satin Finish
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Mahogany or Maple Stained Brown
- White Binding
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
Deering Hardshell Case Included
With the standard Mahogany, the Sierra has the sweet sound of this tropical wood with slightly less sustain than maple or walnut.
Comes strung with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings
G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 5-String Light Gauge Banjo Strings tuned to in standard G tuning (G,D,G,B,D)
- Gauges: 10 11 13 21w 10
- End Type: Loop
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.